Lake Yale Baptist Conference Center is a full service retreat and ministry center in the heart of Central Florida. We strive to offer a refreshing alternative to the ordinary conference, retreat, and camp center. We offer comfortable hotel accommodations, “bunk” style dorms in the camps, RV sites nestled between majestic oaks, and even tent sites for those looking to sleep under the stars.
We have an abundance of meeting spaces, that can host anywhere from 50 to 1,000 guests at a time. Taking into account the many options for accommodations that Lake Yale has to offer, we know we are the perfect place to meet any need.
Making Christ known through a life-changing experience in an opportunity rich environment.
As Southern Baptists, we affirm both the Baptist Faith and Message and the Nashville Statement. These documents clearly outline our position on Biblical, social, personal, and political issues. Click on the names of the statements for more information.
Policies and Proceedures
30 days after receiving contract: The contract must be signed and returned with the 15% non-refundable deposit, a statement of faith or purpose of your group (first time guests), and a certificate of liability insurance*. Deposits can be paid by check payable to Lake Yale Baptist Conference Center or by Credit Card online or by calling our office.
Your booking is not confirmed until the contract AND deposit have been received.
All deposits and payments are non-refundable and non-transferable.
*Certificate Requirements: The liability certificate must be valid for the dates of your contract and reflect Lake Yale as a “certificate holder” as follows: Lake Yale Baptist Conference Center, 39034 CR 452, Leesburg, FL 34788. It can be obtained from your group’s liability insurance agent and is a matter of information only and confers no rights upon the certificate holder. Such certificate does not amend, extend, or alter the coverage afforded by the policies listed within the certificate.
60 days prior to arrival: A 35% non-refundable deposit is due at this time and it is the final day to make contract changes. The guaranteed amount for the total amount contracted is locked-in and due in the event that the invoice total falls below that amount.
30 days prior to arrival: A package of information will be emailed to you containing important information about specific needs of your group (i.e. lodging and meeting room floor plans and set up, meal counts, and break request forms).
14 days prior to arrival: All completed forms are due as well as a copy of the program (if applicable) and any other requests. Your final numbers are due to our office at this time. Please note that you are responsible for no less than the guaranteed amount that is reflected on your contract. Your final payment will be due at this time.
3 business days before event: This is the last opportunity you have to contact our office with any additions for your event. Commuters must be registered by this time. A Late Fee will be assessed if people are added after 3 business days. All balances must be paid before keys are administered. Late Fee for adding people after the 3 Business Days: $25 per day / per person will be added to your bill.
Day of Event: Arrive at Lake Yale’s main office to receive your welcome packet and keys.
Our office is open from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. If your group will be arriving on the weekend, please make arrangements with guest services to coordinate a time for check-in and ensure you have everything you need before your group arrives. Keys will be given to the group leader by our on-call personnel.
Adherence to the guidelines in this document helps to ensure that the ministry of Lake Yale Baptist Conference Center remains a valuable resource for your group, and other Christian and non-profit groups, for years to come. We appreciate your understanding and compliance.
Every effort has been made to provide an adequate meal schedule to accommodate all of our guests. The following are the set serving and closing times for meals:
Breakfast: Serving Time: 7:30 – 8:30 a.m. / Closing Time: 9:00 a.m.
Lunch: Serving Time: 12:00 – 1:00 p.m. / Closing Time: 1:30 p.m.
Dinner: Serving Time: 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. / Closing Time: 7:00 p.m.
(Any variations to these times must be submitted in writing & approved sixty days prior to your group’s arrival).
Please note that while you are here, you may be sharing the dining hall with other groups. Please be respectful and courteous to all.
Swimming is one thing everyone wants to do during the hottest months of the year! Our swimming pool is open April – August for our guests. In order to ensure that everyone has a chance to enjoy the refreshment of our olympic-sized swimming pool, we offer the following set times for the use of the swimming pool:
South Camp: 9:00 – 10:30 a.m. and 1:00 – 2:00 p.m.
North Camp: 10:30 a.m. – 12:00 noon and 2:00 – 3:00 p.m.
Conference Area: 3:00 – 5:30 p.m. and 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
(Any variations of these times must be submitted in writing & approved sixty days prior to your group’s arrival).
Current lifeguard CPR/ AED & First Aid documentation are required in order to use the swimming pool:
- Two certified lifeguards: up to 50 people
- Three certified lifeguards: 51 to 75 people
- Four certified lifeguards: 76-100 people
Maximum pool capacity is 100 persons.
Lifeguard and/or Lake Yale reserve the right to the close the pool if not followed.
Guests at Lake Yale Baptist Conference Center understand and acknowledge that Lake Yale is a Southern Baptist facility. As such, conduct that is contrary to the beliefs and tenets of Southern Baptists is not permitted on facility grounds. In general, conduct that is not permitted includes, but is not limited to: drinking alcoholic beverages, smoking, excessive public displays of affection, excessively revealing clothing or swimwear, public advocacy of conduct or lifestyles which are not condoned by the Bible (as interpreted by Southern Baptists). If a guest has any questions regarding whether a specific act is permissible, the management at Lake Yale will be more than happy to answer any such questions. Failure to get such clarification before acting in an impermissible manner will not excuse the conduct, nor will it be grounds for avoiding the consequences of such conduct. Any determination by management regarding the admissibility of any conduct will be final.
Lake Yale guests understand and acknowledge that they are responsible for their actions. Should any guest be found to have violated any facility rules and/or acted in a manner inconsistent with the beliefs and tenets of Southern Baptists, such guest will risk having their stay cut short. Should a group be found to have engaged in impermissible conduct (or encouraged an individual to do so), the entire group will be subject to having their stay cut short. Any such individual or group may also forfeit any future use of the Lake Yale facility (regardless of whether reservations for such future use have been made and/or accepted). While Lake Yale reserves the right to do so in extenuating circumstances, the standard policy is that there will be no refunds of any unused portion of a stay should an individual or group be removed from the facility for impermissible conduct.
Should there arise any dispute between a Lake Yale guest and Lake Yale which relates in any way to a visit to Lake Yale, the guest(s) and Lake Yale shall submit the dispute to mediation and, if necessary, binding arbitration (such arbitration being conducted in accordance with the rules for arbitration used by Peacemakers Ministries). If the dispute proceeds to arbitration, the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover, on demand, all costs, expenses and fees, including reasonable attorneys’ and paralegal fees incurred in connection therewith.
- A responsible adult for every six children or youth (under the age of eighteen) must be provided by the group. All groups are responsible for obtaining a level 2 screening background check for each worker supervising minors & have them available during your stay (compliance with DCF regulations in accordance with FL Statute (409.175) Chapter 409 Section 175 (K)).
- Check-in time is after 2pm and check-out time is 9am for all bookings. Extended check-out may be available for a small fee based on availability.
- Any damage beyond normal wear and tear will be charged and placed on your bill.
- Lake Yale is a smoke-free, alcohol-free & drug-free facility. Any evidence of smoking, alcohol, or illegal drugs may result in a dismissal from the property and incur a damage fee.
- Only RV occupants can bring leashed pets. Any evidence of pets outside of the RV park may result in a dismissal from the property and incur a cleaning fee.
- Firearms, explosives, fireworks, and other similar devices are strictly prohibited.
- Daily linen service will be provided in hotel rooms. Linen is not provided in the camps (linen packets are available for a fee).
- Digital cameras, video, or other recording devices are absolutely prohibited in bathrooms or changing areas.
- First aid and safety considerations are your group’s responsibility. Please instruct your guests of the dangers associated with the wildlife indigenous to central Florida especially in the undeveloped areas of the property including the lake, woods, or underbrush. Do not feed any wild animal.
- Please instruct your participants to remain in the specific lodging and meeting areas you have been assigned being mindful of others who are sharing the facility with your group.
- Lake Yale Baptist Conference Center assumes no responsibility for items left unattended on our premises.
- Lake Yale Baptist Conference Center reserves the right to enter any room for cleaning, maintenance, emergencies or any other reason deemed necessary where a “Do not disturb” sign has been hanging for more than 24 hours.